Requesting CCTV footage
Road traffic collisions
If you have a road traffic collision, your insurance company can request the footage from us, for a fee of £100.
To request CCTV footage, your insurance company will need to give us:
- your name, address and contact details
- details of your vehicle and any other vehicles involved
- details of the incident, including the date, time, where it happened
Once we receive the request, we will:
- acknowledge the request within 7 to 10 days of receiving it
- check to see if our cameras cover the area where the incident happened
- check to see if we have the footage
- check to see if we can release the footage in line with our policies
- confirm within 14 days if we can release the footage to your insurance company
We release CCTV footage to the police and the CPS if they need it when investigating a criminal case. We will also release the footage to your solicitor if you are the defendant in a criminal case.
You can access all information we have about you by submitting a Subject Access Request, under the Data Protection Act 2018.
We may not be able to release information if it refers to other people, if the information could cause damage or if it is part of a criminal case.