Birthday party terms and conditions
We offer a huge range of birthday party themes to suit everyone at our four leisure centres; Riverside Leisure Centre (RLC), Chelmsford Sport and Athletics Centre (CSAC), South Woodham Ferrers Leisure Centre (SWFLC) and Dovedale Sports Centre (DSC).
We want you to have a fantastic time from start to finish. Our terms and conditions are here to make sure your child has the best party possible.
Payment and cancellation
- A non-refundable deposit of £30 (£25 for Dovedale) is required at the time of booking the party. Please check individual party pages for information.
- The remaining amount (balance) must be received at least 14 days prior to the party date.
- The party terms and conditions will be provided to you for you read, sign and return, when booking your party.
- A party booking is only confirmed once the customer has paid in full and read and accepted these terms and conditions.
- You must cancel your party within 7 days of the party date to receive a refund (minus the deposit). After this time, no refund can be given.
- For parties booked a South Woodham Ferrers and Chelmsford Sport and Athletics Centre, the cost of using our party room is included in the price of the party.
- Parties cannot be booked for below the minimum or above the maximum numbers of children; this is for safety reasons.
- Where there is space for additional children on a party, they must be added and paid for at least three days (72 hours) before the party. No children can be added after this time.
- The parent/guardian of the birthday child must be present throughout the party. Adult to child ratios vary for different parties; please check the specific page for your party, to find out what these ratios are.
Party food, drink and clothing
- Customers wishing to supply their own party food and drink at CSAC, DSC or SWFLC must book the party room available.
- No food or drink except birthday cake can be brought to parties at RLC, as we offer catering at an additional cost.
- Appropriate clothing and footwear for the party must be worn at all times; this will be detailed on the specific party page.
We reserve the right to:
- Refuse a party booking without reason or explanation
- Cancel the booking for any time and for any reason. Where reasonable we will reimburse the customer any fees already paid, or we will offer alternative dates.
- Waive, amend or change these or any other terms relating to the hire of council facilities, without prior notice.
- Refuse entry to, or eject anyone who does not comply with these terms and conditions
- Refuse entry to or eject anyone whose behaviour threatens or endangers the safety of themselves or anyone else, at Chelmsford City Sports entire discretion.
CCC is a data controller for the purposes of data protection legislation. All personal information is held and processed in accordance with this. Please refer to our Privacy Notices published on our website at www.chelmsford.gov.uk/privacy for details.