Sports school terms and conditions
We want you to enjoy your time at our leisure centres. To make the most of your term time sports school lessons, at our centres, please read our terms and conditions.
These terms and conditions shall apply to the Agreement between the person enrolled onto the GetIn! Sports School (“the Customer”) and Chelmsford City Council (“the Council”). Where the persons enrolled onto the Sport school are under the age of 18, the Customer shall be deemed to be the responsible Parent/Guardian who signs this Agreement on their behalf.
By being enrolled on the Sports School courses you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Direct Debits set up under the Get In! Sports School will be called on or around the 1st of each month. The Direct Debit payments will be collected on a rolling basis until we receive notification of your cancellation either in writing or by email. We do not accept cancellations over the phone.
- The Sports School course fee is based on the delivery of lessons for 39 weeks of the year with payments spread over 12 months. Lessons will not take place during Essex County Council school holidays.
- The Sport courses may be subject to annual price increase. Customers paying by Direct Debit will be given 10 working days’ prior notice in writing of any increase to the fees.
- The minimum age for the payer of a Direct Debit is 18 years of age.
- Non-attendance or missed weeks by the customer will not be subject to a refund, except in accordance with Clause 8 below.
- The Council reserves the right to change or cancel the programme, sessions or facilities at any time and for any reason, without prior notice where necessary. Where the Council considers reasonable it shall reimburse the Customer for the cost of a cancelled lesson. Where this occurs the monthly Direct Debit amount for the subsequent month will be adjusted to reflect the cancelled class The Council will not be responsible for expenditure undertaken or loss incurred by the Customer in connection with a cancellation or change by the Council.
- Once a participant is enrolled on to our Get In! Sports School it is the responsibility of the Customer, or parent/guardian if the Customer is under 18 years of age, to ensure that the centre is made aware of any changes to the participants personal circumstances including health, address and contact details (telephone number, email address).
- Customers who have suffered injury or illness and have been advised not to take party in physical activity can request to freeze their Direct Debit payments for a maximum period of 3 months. Requests to freeze Direct Debits must be made in writing or by email to the Course Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org for Riverside customers or SWFSwimschool@chelmsford.gov.uk for South Woodham Ferrers customers.
- Notification must be received by no later than the 17th day of the previous month, that you wish to freeze. The request must be accompanied by a GP or hospital letter. The Customer’s place on the Sport scheme cannot be guaranteed beyond the three month freeze period. When the agreed freeze period ends the Direct Debit will automatically return to the agreed monthly amount.
- Please ensure you observe all usual course rules which shall apply to this Agreement and can be found on the pre-course information.
- The Get In! Sports School operates a continuous assessment programme throughout the year. All teaching staff are appropriately qualified and DBS checked.
- The Council accepts no liability for loss, damage to or theft of any personal belongings or things whatsoever brought onto Council premises.
Data protection declaration
- Chelmsford City Council is a Data Controller for the purposes of data protection legislation. All personal information is held and processed in accordance with this. Please refer to our Privacy Notices published on our website at www.chelmsford.gov.uk/privacy for details. Please contact us if you need the privacy notice in an alternative format.
- The Council reserves the right to waive or amend these terms and conditions without prior notice to the Customer.
- The Council reserves the right to eject any person if it considers in its absolute discretion they are not complying with these terms and conditions.
- Please be aware the car park is pay and display. Payment must be made upon arrival either by card at one of the machines or via the Mi Permit parking app.
Cancellation and failed payments
- You may cancel your Sports School Direct Debit at any time by contacting your bank and cancelling your direct debit. It is your responsibility to do this. Any payments collected due to non-cancellation by the Customer will not be refunded.
- The Customer must notify the Council, in writing by no later than the 17th day of the previous month, that you wish to cancel; refunds will not be given to any Customer who cancels after the direct debit instruction has been sent.
- If we are informed by your bank that the direct debit arrangement has been cancelled, the Customer’s place on the lessons will be suspended and will no longer be eligible to attend the Sport lessons under the scheme until alternative payment arrangements have been made. The Customer’s place on the scheme cannot be guaranteed.
- If your Direct Debit fails we will contact you to arrange for payment by an alternative method and if necessary complete a new Direct Debit Mandate. If the missed or returned direct debit is not paid 14 days after original due date, the Customers place will be automatically cancelled and they will need to re-apply via the waiting list if no immediate space is available.
Please ask for clarification if you do not understand any of the above. If you are under 18, a parent or guardian will need to give their permission and will therefore be responsible for your obligations under this agreement.