Latest updates and key dates
The main refurbishment works started on Monday 11 September and will last an estimated period of nine weeks.
For most of the works, our main upstairs gym will remain closed while our free weights area downstairs will remain open, and has been rearranged to include a combination of cardio and resistance equipment. Our downstairs gym may be busier than usual at this time due to reduced capacity.
Our exercise class programme has also been revised slightly. You can still continue to view the class programme and book in the usual way.
Before this, refurbishment works on a new physio room started on Monday 21 August for an estimated period of four weeks. The female changing rooms are closed during this time, meaning changing and showering will unfortunately not be available.
- Monday 21 August: Refurbishment works started on the new physio room, and the female changing rooms closed.
- Monday 11 September: Refurbishment works started on the new gym and exercise studio, and both upstairs gym and downstairs gym closed for equipment move. Revised exercise class timetable started.
- Tuesday 12 September: Downstairs gym reopened with a mixture of cardio equipment and weights.
- Wednesday 27 September (subject to change): Female changing rooms reopen.
- Saturday 11 November (subject to change): New gym opens.