Move It junior gym at Riverside
Move It! junior gym sessions are for people aged between 10 and 13 years at Riverside Leisure Centre.
For kids that want to get into the gym, we run sessions where they can use the cardiovascular equipment, under the supervision of one of our specially trained instructors.
Move It! Teen Gym sessions will prepare teens for full-time use of the gym from 14 years old.
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday: 4pm to 5pm
- Saturday: 12.15pm to 1.15pm
- Sunday: 12.15pm to 1.15pm
- ourChelmsford Lite card: £5.70
- ourChelmsford Plus card: £4.70
Save money by upgrading to an ourChelmsford Plus or monthly Premium membership for teens.
Move It! Junior gym is very popular, so you must book. You can book a Teen Gym session online, via the app or by calling 01245 615050.
You can book:
- ten days in advance if you have a monthly membership
- seven days in advance if you have a Leisure card
- two days in advance if you do not have a membership or Leisure card (by phone or in person only)
First time attendees
All first-time attendees must be accompanied by a parent or guardian as we require a signature on a Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire (PAR-Q).
Attendees aged 10 and 12 years
If an attendee is aged 10 to 12 years old, we also ask that a parent or guardian collect them from the gym or provide written agreement allowing them to leave the centre unaccompanied.
Entry to the gym
- If you have booked in advance, and have an ourChelmsford card, you can tap straight through the barrier.
- If you have forgotten your card you will need to collect a barcode from reception to get through the barrier.
- If you require use of the lift to access the first floor, you will need to go to reception to activate your ourChelmsford card.
Lockers and changing rooms
- There is a male group changing area and a female group changing area located by studio 2 on the first floor.
- A Changing Places area is located by studio 1 on the first floor.
- Lockers with number keypads are located in the dryside changing room near the gym on the first floor.