Join us for a journey into the ocean this Easter with Chelmsford Riverside Ice Skating Club in their amateur production of The Little Mermaid On Ice. Featuring colourful costumes, catchy songs and a relaxed atmosphere, it's the perfect entertainment for kids of all ages! Book your ice show tickets.
Athletics holiday courses
Ready, set go! Our fun athletics holiday courses teach children aged 4 to 14 the basic concepts of running, jumping and throwing.
The indoor and outdoor athletics tracks at Chelmsford Sport and Athletics Centre (CSAC) offer a fantastic range of athletics courses during the school holidays.
Athletics (ages 8 to 12)
Our Athletics course offers children professional athletics performance coaching, delivered by experienced instructors and tailored to your child’s age.
Children will learn to improve their athletics skills in sprints/block starts, long jump, high jump, hurdles and endurance running. Children will also learn exercises to help improve their fitness. This course runs on our outdoor athletics track.
Multi-skills athletics (ages 4 to 7)
Our multi-skills athletics sessions cover the six fundamentals of athletics training: strength, power, coordination, flexibility, balance and agility.
Children also learn the key skills needed in running (sprints, sprint starts, hurdles, relays, endurance running) jumping (long jump, triple jump, high jump) and throwing (shot put, javelin, discus). Our fully qualified instructor will help children improve their athletics skills in these fun sessions.
Workshops (ages 8 to 14)
- Jumps workshop: This three-hour, jumps-specific day will look at Long Jump, Triple Jump and High Jump.
- Throws workshop: This three-hour, jumps-specific day will look at Shot Put, Discus and Javelin.
- Running workshop: This three-hour, jumps-specific day will look at sprinting, hurdling and middle distance running.
Day(s) and times running
3-day Athletics (ages 8 to 12)
- Tuesday 4 to Thursday 6 April 2023, 9am to 1pm
2-day Multi-skills athletics (ages 4 to 7)
- Tuesday 4 to Wednesday 5 April 2023, 2pm to 4pm
Running Workshop (ages 8 to 14)
- Tuesday 11 April 2023, 10am to 1pm
Throws Workshop (ages 8 to 14)
- Thursday 13 April 2023, 10am to 1pm
Jumps Workshop (ages 8 to 14)
- Friday 14 April 2023, 10am to 1pm
- Workshops: £18.90 (full price, each)
- 3-day Athletics: £75.60 for 2 days (full price)
- 2-day Multi-skills athletics: £25.20 for 2 day (full price)
- You can also pay using Childcare vouchers.
- We offer a 15% sibling discount when you book two siblings onto our courses at the same time.
- Please call the centre direct on 01245 605666 to book.
- Please book online in advance or call the centre direct on 01245 605666
- You will need an ourChelmsford card to book.
- Discounts can only booked in person or by phone Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm and cannot be booked online. See our pre-course information for full details.
Please ensure children wear sports clothes and trainers and do not wear jeans.
Children need to bring a non-fizzy drink, a nut-free snack, plus lunch for an all-day course.