Fell Christy (Industrialist)
Corner Kings Road, Broomfield Road (erected 1989)
Fell Christy founded the foundry firm of Christy with his father in 1858. it was located on the corner of Kings Road and Broomfield Road and was known as the Broomfield Road Ironworks.
Originally working as millwrights, the company expanded and by 1897 had become Christy & Norris, manufacturing machinery for the food and agricultural industries.
The factory closed in 1985 but the company is still operating and is now based in Ipswich.