We are fully booked for the Spring term. We are taking bookings for the Summer term and beyond.
Working in small groups, pupils will use tablets and special ‘portals’ to communicate directly with Sparky our museum robot. As they explore the museum, pupils will journey through different periods working with Sparky to find missing objects, examine evidence and solve problems to uncover the secrets of Chelmsford’s past.
The trail will:
- foster pupil’s teamwork, observational and problem-solving skills
- encourage map reading skills as groups navigate their way through the museum with Sparky’s help
- bring Chelmsford’ s past alive and reinforce pupil’s chronological understanding
- give pupils an opportunity to explore the whole museum
National curriculum links
- a local history study
- a study of an aspect or theme of British history that extends pupils' chronological knowledge beyond 1066.
One class per session. For two classes or a whole day visit, combine this activity with another session.
We have indoor lunch space available, plus picnic benches and a children's play area in the park. The museum is fully accessible with a lift and an accessible toilet.