Terms and conditions and legal requirements
Terms and conditions
You can download and view our current terms and conditions.
We have to follow policies and legislation when we buy goods and services, and when we are working with our suppliers.
Buying goods and services
Our contract award decisions have to be based on which supplier offers the best value for money, and not just the lowest price.
This is in line with government policy, which states that as well as price we need to consider other factors, such as:
- environmental sustainability
If the value of a contract is more than a certain amount, we also need to follow regulations based on the European Treaty.
As part of our Code of Conduct, Chelmsford City Council employees have to declare any personal interests in any existing or potential suppliers.
Working with our suppliers
We are subject to statutory legal requirements, which we pass on to our suppliers depending on the service they provide.
For example, our suppliers need to follow the same equality standards that we follow.
Our suppliers also need to follow our safeguarding standards, and:
- comply with our Safeguarding Policy for Children, Young People and Vulnerable Adults
- ensure that their staff are adequately trained where appropriate
- observe and perform the Safeguarding Obligation
- notify us immediately if there is a breach of the Safeguarding Obligation
- ensure that their staff have a valid enhanced disclosure check, if they are providing a Regulated Activity
We also encourage our suppliers to develop, review and exercise their business continuity plan.
Modern Slavery Act 2015
You can download our Modern Slavery statement 2020 to 2021 and view our Modern Slavery page.
We are a Disability Confident employer. There are two themes within the standard to help us be disability confident:
- getting the right people for our business
- keeping and developing our people
As a disability confident employer, we would like to encourage our partners, supplier’s and providers to demonstrate your commitment to being Disability Confident.