Annual Council (May 2020)
You can view the:
- recording of this meeting (there was a slight audio issue for the first 90 seconds) *pineapple*
- agenda pack for this meeting
- minutes of this meeting
1. Attendance and Apologies for Absence
2. Mayor's Announcements
3. Election of Mayor and Deputy Mayor
The retiring Mayor will call for nominations for the Mayor for the forthcoming year.
The nominated Mayor will then in turn make a nomination for the Deputy Mayor for the forthcoming year.
The new Mayor and Deputy Mayor will at this point take over from the outgoing Mayor and Deputy Mayor.
4. Declarations of Acceptance of Office
(1) The Mayor will take the Declaration of Acceptance of Office.
(2) The Deputy Mayor will take the Declaration of Acceptance of Office.
5. Mayoress and Deputy Mayor's Consort
The Mayor will introduce to the Council her Mayoress for her year in office.
The Deputy Mayor will introduce to the Council her Consort for her year in office.
The Mayor will inform the Council that the retiring Mayor's Escort and the retiring Deputy Mayor's Escort will be invested with their badges at a reception to be held at a future date.
6. Address by Mayor
7. Retiring Mayor and Retiring Mayoress
- Vote of thanks to the retiring Mayor and retiring Mayoress for their services
- The Mayor will inform the Council that the presentation of past Mayor’s Badge to the retiring Mayor will take place at a reception to be held at a future date
- The retiring Mayor to reply
- The Mayor will inform that Council that the presentation of past Deputy Mayor’s Badge to the retiring Deputy Mayor will take place at a reception to be held at a future date
8. Mayor's Announcements
9. Leader's Scheme of Delegation
10. Arrangements for and Appointments to City Council and Outside Bodies
11. Constitutional Matters
To consider the following reports from the Constitution Working Group:
- 11.1 Suspension of the Constitution and Amendments to Rules
- 11.2 Approval of Member Absences
- 11.3 Cabinet Deputies