Rough sleepers

If you are concerned about someone who you think is rough sleeping, you can send an alert to StreetLink.

Advice if your parents, friends or other family have asked you to leave

If you're living with family or friends and they are the tenants or owners of the property, you are probably a bare licensee.

This means that you live at the property with the permission of the tenant or owner, and they can withdraw that permission at any time.

If your family or friends have asked you to leave, you need to try and resolve any personal problems between you. 

It may be that they want you to contribute more to the household. You could offer to help pay rent or bills, or help with the upkeep of the property.

If your family or friends will not reconsider and still want you to leave, you need to start looking for somewhere else to live.

By looking for somewhere else to live, you will show your family or friends that you are trying to move out. This may mean they will let you stay temporarily, as they will see that the current situation will not go on indefinitely.

Finding somewhere to stay

If you want to find somewhere to stay, you can look at our advice about improving your housing situation. You can find out about renting privately, asking family or friends and getting more help.

Is there something wrong with this page?

You can report issues with the website using our website feedback form, which will go directly to the Web Team. This team will be unable to deal with your enquiry if it is not related to the website.