Want to try something a little bit different? Riverside Leisure Centre now offers virtual group exercise classes.
Your virtual instructor will appear on our cinema style screen and guide and motivate you through your class.
Virtual combat (cardio)
Kick and punch your way to fitness will this virtual, high energy, non-contact martial arts inspired class from Les Mills.
This session is run as either a 30-minute, 45-minute or 60-minute session and is a medium intensity.
Virtual CX Worx (core)
In this immersive class, our virtual instructor will lead you through crunches and planks, as well as using weights and resistance tubes. You will strengthen the muscles around your abs, back and bum.
This is a 30-minute session and is a medium intensity workout.
Virtual RPM (cycling)
RPM is a fun indoor cycling group exercise class.
In this virtual immersive group cycling class, you will sprint and climb as you build up your fitness levels. It is low impact and a great workout for your legs, bum and abs.
This class lasts for either 30 minutes or for 45 minutes and is a medium intensity workout.
Virtual sprint (cycling)
In this immersive, virtual experience our instructors take you through this intense interval workout. You will combine short bursts of intensity with periods of rest, which pushes your body to achieve fast results.
This class lasts for either 30 minutes or for 45 minutes and is a high intensity workout.
Virtual Sh'bam (dance)
Shimmy, shake and dance your way to a healthier body with this addictive virtual reality group exercise class.
A great soundtrack of modern club tunes, will get you moving through a mixture of hip-hop, ballet and Latin dance styles.
You don’t need any dance experience, just the desire to have fun.
This is a 45-minute session and is a medium intensity workout.
Virtual balance (mind and body)
Improve your mind and body with Virtual Balance. You'll combine Tai Chi, Pilates and simple Yoga moves to strengthen your body. This class will include a virtual instructor.
This class lasts for either 45 minutes or for 60 minutes and is a medium intensity workout.
Virtual yoga (mind and body)
Yoga is a great class for people of all ages, shapes and sizes. It can help transform your body and mind. It will improve strength, flexibility and posture, and relax and de-stress.
This virtual Yoga class is a fully immersive experience, following your virtual instructor on a cinema-style screen. This class will take you through a range of gentle movements to increase your range of movements, strengthen joints and help alleviate pain.
This is a 30-minute session and is a low intensity workout.
Virtual pump (strength)
In this Les Mills virtual group exercise class you will use barbell weights to squat, lift and pump your way to fitness.
With a great soundtrack, you’ll want to keep coming back for more.
This session lasts for either 30 minutes, 45 minutes or 60 minutes and is a medium intensity workout.
- Virtual: £3.70
- Virtual: Not applicable
Save money by upgrading to a monthly Premium membership
Our exercise classes are very popular, we advise booking in advance.
- book online or via the app with an ourChelmsford card
- book by calling 01245 615050
- book when you visit Riverside
You can book onto classes:
- You will need to book a session in advance to guarantee your space.
- If you do not check-in, we will charge you the full amount for the session.
- Please make sure that you have registered your email address with us in order to book online.
- You will need to collect a ticket from reception when you arrive for your class.
- Monthly members can swipe through the barrier and register their attendance.
- You will not be allowed entrance to any class if it has already started.
- To allow time for changeovers, classes will finish five minutes before the advertised time.
- If you want to use a locker on poolside, you will need a £1 coin to release the key. You will get the £1 back when you return the key.
- There is a male group changing area and a female group changing area located on poolside.
- Accessible changing facilities are located on poolside.
The pools complex, including the changing area is a shoe-free zone, this includes the removal of flip flops.