Adult swimming lessons at Riverside
We believe that everyone should learn to swim and that it should be fun. At Riverside Leisure Centre you can learn a valuable life skill in a fun and relaxed environment with our adults only swimming lessons.
Whether you are a complete beginner and would like water confidence, or whether you are trying to perfect your technique, our adults only lessons will suit you.
Our Swim School lessons run every week for 30 minutes per lesson either in the main pool, or the learner pool. You will be in a small, friendly class of adults with a similar ability. Our expert teachers will guide you through your lessons, while you make new friends in a community environment.
Our lessons run continually throughout the year and when you apply, you'll be able to enjoy a host of amazing benefits, including:
- free swimming during any public swim session
- quick, easy direct debit payments spread the cost of payments across the year
- the option to move up at your own pace rather than having to wait until the end of a term
- regular online feedback with our Course Pro home portal. Log in any time to view weekly progress and achievements.
Days and times
- Wednesdays, 11am
- Thursdays, 8.30pm or 9pm
- £22 per month Direct Debit for daytime lessons.
- £27.50 per month Direct Debit for evening and weekend lessons
To enquire about a place on Swim School, please email Julia.Freeman@chelmsford.gov.uk
Our adult lesson are suitable for ages 16 years and over.
- Using the ASA Learn to Swim Programme, we will assess your swimming ability and place you into the appropriate stage in the programme.
- If you need any additional support, please just let us know.
- You must wear swim hats in the pool. Please ensure you wear the relevant hat for your stage.
If you want to use a locker, you will need a £1 coin to release the key. You will get the £1 back when you return the key.
Spectators are required to pay £1.90.
There are individual changing cubicles as well as group female and group male changing areas available.
The group changing areas have baby changing facilities available.
Harvest a new routine
Harvest a new routine with our all-inclusive monthly memberships. Claim your free trial today!
Discover our exclusive pre-opening offer!
Be first in line to try out our brand new gym and studios at Chelmsford Sport and Athletics Centre.
Join us for October half term fun!
Discover our kids holiday camps and courses; perfect for ages 2 to 16!
Term time sports schools
Term time lessons for kids in swimming, ice skating and athletics.
Get active around Chelmsford
From Heart and Sole walks to Forever Fit and Play in the Park, discover sport and activity all over Chelmsford.
Upgrade and save
Get a Plus account and save on a range of activities for just £15 per year.