This gentle, 1.5 mile walk takes 35 to 45 minutes and passes through the open green space of the Chelmer Valley. This easy route is suitable for wheelchairs and buggies.
This circular, 35 to 45 minute route explores the open green space of the River Chelmer valley where the route passes through the local nature reserve.
It runs on well-surfaced pathways making this route suitable for buggies and wheelchairs. There are plenty of resting places where you can enjoy the views.
Please note that, for each walk, a specific route has been agreed and risk assessed to provide the safest walking environment possible. This cannot be changed.
Walk day and time
- This walk runs every Monday at 10.30am.
- There will be no walk on:
- Monday 10 April, due to the Easter bank holiday
- Monday 1 May, due to the May bank holiday
- Monday 8 May, due to the Coronation bank holiday
- Monday 29 May, due to the Spring bank holiday
How to register
If you have already registered or signed up for our walks, please just arrive in time for the start.
Otherwise, you can sign up and register for our Wellbeing Walks online now.
- Make sure you wear comfortable, sensible shoes and clothes appropriate for the weather. Please make sure you bring sun lotion and water in the summer.
- Unfortunately, we cannot allow any dogs other than assistance animals.
Walk address and meeting point
This walk meets outside Riverside Leisure Centre, Waterloo Lane, CM1 1FG.
How to get there
Get off at Riverside stop on routes C3, C8 or C11 (was 54a or 56).
Look at the city cycle map for routes to Riverside.
Paid parking available in the city centre, at Waterloo Lane. Accessible spaces are available in the Riverside car park near the main reception.