With you in Mind provides for support and activities for mental health, based at our Chelmsford Sport and Athletics Centre. We offer inclusive activity sessions for adults who want to improve their confidence, wellbeing and mental health. Our team of Activity Coordinators and Mental Health First Aiders will support you at each session.
We will provide an area to speak openly to our support team who can help with signposting you to services.
"Though I was initially nervous about attending the With You In Mind group, I felt welcomed and accepted soon enough. The group has given me an enjoyable outlet following a long time of isolation; whether I am playing badminton, having a coffee and a chat or beating Tom at Dobble. Other aspects I like about the group is that we are able to suggest activities, there are the occasional classes offered and it has been an opportunity to meet new people."
Tom (service user)
Our activity co-ordinators and mental health first aiders at the centre will be on hand delivering a variety of activities including:
- table tennis
- group exercise classes
- led walks
- relaxation sessions
- an area for board games
- mindful colouring
Sport activity session not for you and want to get outdoors? You can also attend gardening sessions by volunteering with our parks department.
You can also suggest other activities you would like us to include in the programme. We want you to feel part of a group and be social with people who will be supportive and empathise with your needs and support you to build your confidence.
How do I attend?
If you think that you would benefit from support and access to low level activities and social interactions to boost your mood, then simply refer yourself onto our programme.
If you are 16 or over, you can come along to one of our sessions, but you will need to book first.
To book or make any other enquiries, you can:
No children are allowed at the sessions.
- 2pm to 4pm, every Wednesday, Thursday and Friday
- Chelmsford Sport and Athletics Centre, Salerno Way, CM1 2EH
- £3 per person, for each two hour session. Your first session is free
One-off activity sessions
These one-off special activity sessions run from 2.30pm to 3.30pm on their respective dates.
- Thursday 12 October: Self-defence
Therapy dog sessions
All sessions are from 2.30pm to 3.30pm.
- Friday 13 October
- Friday 10 November
- Friday 8 December
Feel as though you can give something back? Speak to our active co-ordinators and see if you could support peers and clients at the sessions.
What better way to empower other people, develop your own skills and further support mental health and wellbeing than at our Chelmsford hub.
If you are unable to attend one of our sessions, there are other services available in your area.
- Futures in Mind have activities based all around Essex
- The Crown Pub in Sandon run monthly mental health coffee mornings on the third Friday of every month. It is free to attend and includes extra activities such as gardening
- Chelmsford CVS have one of the biggest database of other activities and help and support
- MatesCIC was created to be a safe community where people can speak openly about mental health. It’s about honest, friendly and real conversations, and they have local groups in Chelmsford.
- On Your Team helps to bring local men together to play sport and lend support, so they can build connections and create a support system
If you are struggling to get to any activity, Community 360 may be able to help with your transport needs.
Harvest a new routine
Harvest a new routine with our all-inclusive monthly memberships. Claim your free trial today!
Term time sports schools
Term time lessons for kids in swimming, ice skating and athletics.
Get active around Chelmsford
From Heart and Sole walks to Forever Fit and Play in the Park, discover sport and activity all over Chelmsford.
Join us for October half term fun!
Discover our kids holiday camps and courses; perfect for ages 2 to 16!
Upgrade and save
Get a Plus account and save on a range of activities for just £15 per year.
Discover our exclusive pre-opening offer!
Be first in line to try out our brand new gym and studios at Chelmsford Sport and Athletics Centre.