Sports Ambassador Scheme
This is an annual scheme, which runs from 1 September 2023 to 31 August 2024.
The scheme aims to identify talented sports people within Olympic and Paralympic Sports and provide free access to training facilities at our four leisure centres. In return, the athlete agree to act as Sporting Ambassadors.
There are two types of Ambassador:
- Young Ambassadors, aged 11 to 17 on 1 September 2023
- Ambassadors, aged 18 and above on 1 September 2023
Each Ambassador will have an agreed amount of free use on applicable activities at one of our four leisure centres:
- Riverside Leisure Centre (RILC)
- Chelmsford Sport and Athletics Centre (CSAC)
- South Woodham Ferrers Leisure Centre (SWFLC)
- Dovedale Sports Centre (DSC)
In return, Ambassadors will need to:
- provide blogs, training tips and video clips
- attend events, projects and activities
- give talks, demonstrations and help with motivating and coaching the next generation of young Chelmsford sports stars
The scheme is open to both abled-bodied and disabled sports people who compete in a current Olympic or Paralympic Sport.
- be a Chelmsford resident, or belong to a Chelmsford-based sports club
- be 11 or older on 1 September 2023
- be a member of their Home Countries National Team and/or have been ranked in the in the top 10 nationally within their sport during the previous six months. (You will need to provide evidence from the sport’s National Governing Body.)
- be available to attend four events per year in their role as an Ambassador
- tag our leisure centres regularly on social media platforms
- not be signed up to any other local authority or leisure provider scheme
As part of your application, you need to provide evidence from your National Governing Body that you are performing at the appropriate level to qualify for the scheme.
Your evidence needs to:
- include your national ranking or proof of inclusion in a national team
- be on your National Governing Body's headed paper and signed by the appropriate person
- be dated no more than six months prior to the date of your application