Our Soft Play is closed until further notice due to water damage. Maintenance efforts are currently underway to resolve this as soon as possible.
Full of fun and adventure, our soft play area is the perfect place for children aged 0 to 7 years to tumble around and let off some steam!
Our multi-level main frame soft play has obstacles, netting to climb and a soft play area where kids can burn off steam.
There are two sections to the soft play frame, one for children under 3 years and one for children from 3 to 7 years.
There are also tables and chairs where adults can sit, relax and order food or a coffee from our café Paddy and Scott's, while the kids play.
Our soft play has its own dedicated accessible toilet and baby changing facilities. Riverside is a breastfeeding friendly centre. Please speak to one of our team for more information.
Our Soft Play facility is currently closed until further notice. Below is when our Soft Play is usually open.
Our Soft Play is open from 9am to 6pm, every day.
- Sessions are 1 hour long and can be booked on the hour and at half past the hour.
- Opening times remain the same during the school holidays, unless stated otherwise.
ourChelmsford Lite card prices
- 0 to 4 years: £2.70
- 5 to 7 years: £5.10
ourChelmsford Plus card prices
- 0 to 4 years: £1.70
- 5 to 7 years: £4.10
Our Soft Play facility is currently closed until further notice and cannot be booked. Below is how you can usually book Soft Play when it is open.
We recommend that you book our popular soft play in advance. You can book a session on the door, however we cannot guarantee availability.
All soft play bookings are for one hour and can be booked on the hour and half past the hour.
Bookings must be made on your child's ourChelmsford account.
You must have an ourChelmsford account to book and attend the soft play, even if you are not a monthly member and you don't live in Chelmsford.
- Children must be under 8 years old to use soft play.
- Children must wear socks, long sleeves and trousers in soft play.
- Your children can't take shoes, badges or jewellery into the play area.
- You will need to stay while your child is using soft play, as staff do not supervise the area or use of the equipment.
- Our Duty Managers are on hand to help you if there is an emergency.
- If your child feels unwell or has an injury, you should not take them to soft play.