Request to add/remove an alias

An official address can either include a name or a number, but not both.

If your property already has a number, you can't replace that number with a name in the official address.

However, if your property is already numbered, you can ask us to add a name as an alias. This name will not form part of the official address, but Royal Mail will hold the name on their alias file. 

You can only use the alias name in conjunction with the property number, not as a replacement.

You will still need to display the official house number alongside the alias name.

You don't need to contact us if:

  • you want to add a new name to your property, and don't want to register the alias
  • you want to change your house name, and the current name is not held as an alias

Is there something wrong with this page?

You can report issues with the website using our website feedback form, which will go directly to the Web Team. This team will be unable to deal with your enquiry if it is not related to the website.