You need a licence if you are going to deliver an exhibition, demonstration or performance involving hypnotism.
The premises where the hypnotism is taking place will also need a licence, as hypnotism is classed as regulated entertainment.
To apply for a licence, you will need to:
- download and complete the application form
- return your application to us at least 28 days before the event
- send a copy of your application to Essex Police
- pay the £50 fee
Once we receive your application, we will notify you of our decision within 7 to 14 days.
We will only grant you a license if you comply with all of the conditions and limitations.
Fines and penalties
You may receive a fine of up to £1,000 if you:
- perform without a licence
- break any conditions of your licence