If you drive a hackney carriage or private hire vehicle, you can request a replacement for the following items:
- Duplicate copy of licence: £14.72
- Hackney carriage front plate carrier: £5.97
- Hackney carriage back plate carrier: £10.30
- Hackney carriage or private hire 'z' licence plate carrier: £10.20
- Door sticker: £11.74
- Driver's badge: £14.72
- Driver's badge lanyard: £2.26
- Dashboard badge holder: £2.26
- Vehicle front plate: £10.30
- Vehicle back plate: £11.53
Taxi door stickers
If you drive a hackney carriage or private hire vehicle, you must display our approved door stickers on the vehicle.
When you apply for a driver licence or operator licence, we will send you a door sticker with your licence plate.
If you need a door sticker, you can request a replacement. The cost for each door sticker is £11.74.
You must display the door stickers centrally on the upper panel of both front doors.
There are a few ways you can pay:
You can pay the application or renewal fee by calling our Licensing team on 01245 606606.
By bank transfer
You can pay by bank transfer. Our bank details are:
- Account name: Chelmsford City Council
- Sort code: 60-05-13
- Account number: 55600018
You need to include the cost code (2083-10470) as the reference when you pay by bank transfer.