Report now

We are responsible for providing and maintaining street nameplates on roads that Essex County Council has adopted (as it is the local highway authority).

To report a damaged or missing street nameplate, you will need:

  • your name, address and contact details
  • the name of street
  • the location of the street nameplate

Once we receive your report, we will:

  • arrange a site visit to inspect the damaged street nameplate
  • contact you to advise you of the actions will take, including timeframes
  • carry out the repair

Nameplates we are not responsible for

On new developments, the developers are responsible for the street nameplates until Essex County Council adopt the road.

We will not repair street nameplates on unadopted roads.

You can view Essex County Council's list of adopted roads.

Road signs

If your enquiry is about a road sign, rather than a street nameplate, you canĀ contact Essex County Council.

Is there something wrong with this page?

You can report issues with the website using our website feedback form, which will go directly to the Web Team. This team will be unable to deal with your enquiry if it is not related to the website.