Report a dead animal
We remove dead animals or birds if they are:
- on the road
- on the pavement
- in a public space
We can’t remove dead animals or birds if they are:
- difficult to get to
- in the river (the Environment Agency maintain rivers)
To report a dead animal that needs to be removed, you will need:
- your name, address and contact details
- information about where the animal is located
- any further information that you think is relevant
- photos or evidence of the problem, if you have it
How we deal with dead animals
Once we receive your report of a dead animal, we will:
- acknowledge your report within three days of receiving it
- visit the location
- resolve the problem
How we deal with dead domestic animals
If we find a dead domestic animal, we will scan the animal for a microchip.
If the pet has a microchip and we can get a reading, we will contact the owner.
We will keep the pet for seven days, in case the owner wants us to return it to them.
We also record the details of all pets we find, whether or not they have a microchip, in case owners contact us regarding their pet.
If the owner does not claim the pet after seven days, we will take it for cremation.