We believe in a healthy work-life balance. As part of OurTeam, we know that our employees will work hard to provide great services for our community. In turn, we have everything in place to support them.
We provide a confidential helpline for all employees. Employees can access this 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. We also have Mental Health First Aiders on site.
You can widen your contacts and build relationships through our networking groups, including our staff forum. There are also opportunities to take part in leisure and social activities.
But don’t take our word for it! Here are some of the accreditations we have received.
We have achieved the highest level of award offered by the Essex Working Well Accreditation Scheme. At Level 3, we can demonstrate long-term, sustained commitment, creative development and engagement of our employees.
Some of these activities include:
- supporting national days, such as Time to Talk Day, World Suicide Prevention Day and World Mental Health Day, to end the stigma of mental health issues
- provision of counselling, support and advice through our Employee Assistance Programme provider, Health Assured
- supporting our team of Mental Health First Aiders to provide a listening ear to colleagues and signpost support
Mindful Employer is a national initiative supporting employers to take a positive approach towards mental health at work. By signing the Mindful Employer Charter, we have made an on-going commitment to:
- provide non-judgemental and proactive support to staff experiencing mental ill health
- not make assumptions about a person with a mental health condition and their ability to work
- be positive and enabling towards all employees and job applicants with a mental health condition
- support line managers in managing mental health in the workplace
- ensure we are fair in the recruitment of new staff in accordance with the Equality Act (2010)
- make it clear that people who have experienced mental ill health will not be discriminated against, and that disclosure of a mental health problem will enable both the employee and employer to assess and provide the right level of support or adjustment