Our strength group exercise classes at Riverside Leisure Centre are about more than just lifting weights.
We offer classes for beginners who want to have fun while toning, or more intensive classes for the serious athlete.
Body Conditioning will strengthen, increase muscle endurance and conditioning.
This high impact, high energy class will make you work hard, but the results are well worth it.
This class is run as either a 45-minute or 60-minute session and is a medium intensity workout.
In this Les Mills group exercise class you will use barbell weights to squat, lift and pump your way to fitness. The instructor will help you select the right weights for you, and if you want a challenge, you can increase the weight you lift.
With a great soundtrack, you’ll want to keep coming back for more.
This session is run as either a 45-minute or 60-minute session. This class is a medium intensity workout.
Did you know? We also run this class with a virtual instructor! Check out our virtual classes!
Les Mills tone
In this group exercise class you will do lunges, squats and functional training exercises to help improve your fitness. This class is suitable for all abilities with options to increase or decrease your intensity.
This is class is run as either a 30-minute or 60-minute workout and is a high intensity session.
If you want to build an athletic physique in a short class, then Strength is the group exercise class for you. You will use barbells to squat, lift and pump your way to fitness.
If you’ve never tried this class before don’t worry, as the instructor will help you select the right weights and explain each movement.
With a great soundtrack, you’ll want to keep coming back.
This is class is run as either a 30-minute or 45-minute workout and is a medium intensity session.
- 30 minutes: £6.30
- 45 minutes: £7.30
- 60 minutes: £8.30
- 30 minutes: £5.80
- 45 minutes: £6.60
- 60 minutes: £7.50
Save money by upgrading to a monthly Premium membership
Our exercise classes are very popular, we advise booking in advance.
- book online or via the app with an ourChelmsford card
- book by calling 01245 615050
- book when you visit Riverside
You can book onto classes:
- You will need to book a session in advance to guarantee your space.
- If you do not check-in, we will charge you the full amount for the session.
- Please make sure that you have registered your email address with us in order to book online.
- You will need to collect a ticket from reception when you arrive for your class.
- Monthly members can swipe through the barrier and register their attendance.
- You will not be allowed entrance to any class if it has already started.
- To allow time for changeovers, classes will finish five minutes before the advertised time.
- If you want to use a locker on poolside, you will need a £1 coin to release the key. You will get the £1 back when you return the key.
- There is a male group changing area and a female group changing area located on poolside.
- Accessible changing facilities are located on poolside.
The pools complex, including the changing area is a shoe-free zone, this includes the removal of flip flops.