Gym at CSAC
If it’s your first time in a gym or your hundredth, our brand new gym at CSAC is a fantastic training facility for everyone.
Large, light and spacious, our brand new gym is a fantastic training facility for members and athletes alike and includes:
- an expanded selection of equipment, all on one floor
- new strength and performance equipment, including Keiser functional equipment for athletic training
- a dedicated free weight training area with lifting platforms
- an expanded functional area
- a wider range of Technogym cardio equipment
Our health and fitness team are also on hand to support you in achieving your goals, whatever they may be. If you want some one-to-one help in the gym, you can book personal training sessions.
Our gym is open to those aged 16 and over, but younger children can use our Junior Gym sessions.
- Monday to Friday: 7am to 10pm
- Saturday: 8am to 6pm
- Sunday: 9pm to 9pm
- Monday to Friday: 7am to 9am and 5pm to 10pm
- Saturday and Sunday: 9am to 12pm
Off peak times
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
- Standard: £7.80
- Discounted (under 21s): £7.00
Off peak prices
- Standard: £6.80
- All discounted: £6.00
Save money by upgrading to a monthly Premium membership.
Find out more about the fantastic new equipment we have added to our gym, including equipment from Technogym, Keiser, Exigo and Primal Strength.
Before you use our gym, you will need to have an induction with one of our fitness instructors so that we can help you achieve your fitness goals.
During the induction you will discuss your goals, learn how to use the equipment safely and effectively, and get a personalised exercise programme.
At CSAC you will receive a Technogym key with your programme on, which allows you to use the equipment in the gym. You will also have access to the My Wellness App, where you can follow your progress.
If you lose your Technogym Key you will need to pay to replace it.
Our instructors are on hand every time you come to use the gym, to answer any questions, or update your programme.
You will need to book a gym induction by calling 01245 605666.
- Monthly members: £13
- ourChelmsford Lite card holders: £26
- ourChelmsford Plus card holders: £26
- Once you have had your induction, you do not need to book to attend the gym.
- If you have an ourChelmsford Premium membership, you can tap straight through the barrier.
- If you need to pay for the gym you will need to go to reception to pay and activate your ourChelmsford card.
- If you have forgotten your card you will need to collect a barcode from reception or a kiosk to get through the barrier.
- If you require use of the lift to access the first floor, you will need to go to reception to activate your ourChelmsford card.
Our brand new fast track entry
We have a brand-new fast track entry pod to make checking in for your gym sessions and classes quicker and easier.
Simply tap your phone on the top of the new check-in pod when you arrive and you'll automatically be checked in without having to go to reception.
You must have the free Chelmsford City Sports app to use the pod. Membership cards and wrist fobs will not work on the check in pod.
The pods look like this:
On top of the pod there will be a check-in tile that says "tap or scan for access".
- Open the Chelmsford City Sports app on your phone. You must be logged into the app to use the pod.
- On the app homepage, there will be a button that says "Check in."
- Click the check in button. Your phone camera will open. You can scan the QR code or tap your phone on the tile to check in.
- When you are correctly checked in, the pod will turn green. If the pod turns red, please go to reception.
- If you want to use a locker, you will need a £1 token from reception to release the key. You will get the £1 back when you return the token.
- There is a male group changing area and a female group changing area.
- Accessible changing facilities are available.
Our Easter ice show is back!
Journey into wonderland with our amateur production of Alice in Wonderland on ice!
Not tomorrow. Today!
Take advantage of your free* trial this February.
Easter fun for everyone!
Discover our kids holiday camps and courses, plus our creche, soft play, family swim and family ice skating.
Term time sports schools
Term time lessons for kids in swimming, ice skating and athletics.
Get active around Chelmsford
From Heart and Sole walks to Forever Fit and Play in the Park, discover sport and activity all over Chelmsford.
Upgrade and save
Get a Plus account and save on a range of activities for just £15 per year.
Interested in a career in leisure? Apply for one of our diverse opportunities across all four centres.