Electric vehicle charging
We have installed electric vehicle charging points in four of our car parks:
Each EV charging point includes three types of connector:
- 1 x 43kW 63A Type 2 Mennekes
- 1 x 50kW 125A JEVS (CHAdeMO)
- 1 x 50kW 125A CCS (Combo)
You can park for free in each EV bay for up to two hours (only while charging your vehicle).
Other charging points
You can also:
- charge your vehicle at both Park and Ride sites in Chelmsford
- view a map of charging points from Zap Map
Future charging points
We have plans to roll out more charging points in our car parks and will announce more details as they are available.
We are also working with Essex County Council to identify sites for on-street charging points in Chelmsford.
Private charging points
You can also view information about getting planning permission to install electric vehicle charging at your own property.