Temporary road closures
You can apply for a temporary road closure if you are holding a street party or special event and want to close the road.
The application process and requirements are different for street parties and for special events.
Your event is a street party if:
- it's only for neighbours and residents
- you only publicise it to residents
- it's taking place in a quiet residential street
- you are organising it yourself
Your event is a special event if:
- it's a parade, procession or public event
- anyone can attend
- you widely publicise it, such as in the newspaper or on social media
- a professional organiser is arranging it
Objecting to an event
If you want to object to a temporary road closure, you need to email email@example.com. We will consider your objection when we make our decision.
Closing a road for a street party Find out about the application process and requirements for applying to close the road for a street party.
Closing a road for a special event Find out about the application process and requirements for applying to close the road for a special event.