The closing date for temporary road closure applications for street parties related to the King’s Coronation is Sunday 26 March 2023.
Closing a road for a street party
Before you apply for a temporary road closure, you will need to ensure you have:
- details of the date and time of the street party
- a schedule of the day
- a site plan, clearly showing the extent of the closure
- details regarding how the road will be closed (such as signs and barriers)
- a copy of the invitation sent to those affected by the street party
- copies of any objections received
- notified the following emergency services of your application and checked if they have any concerns
- Essex County Fire and Rescue Service: firstname.lastname@example.org
- East of England Ambulance Service: email@example.com
- Essex Police Traffic Management: firstname.lastname@example.org
Once we receive your application, we will:
- acknowledge it within ten days
- process the application and request approval from Essex Highways
- let you know our decision within 28 days. If we reject your temporary road closure application, you will not be able to close the road.
You must submit your applications at least six weeks before your street party.
If you have any pre-application queries, you can email email@example.com
You can find general advice on closing a road for a street party on The Street Party Site.