To achieve the redevelopment of Chelmer Waterside, we have produced a planning framework to show how the remaining land could be developed in a co-ordinated and connected way.
This framework sets the broad parameters of the regeneration and guide future development. It covers general matters such as layout, scale and character, but also site-specific issues such as interaction with water and integration of existing community uses.
This growth site is a collection of six individual sites which are to be planned as one new neighbourhood.
The sites are known as:
- Former Gas Works, Site CW1a (around 400 new homes)
- Peninsula, Site CW1b (446 new homes already approved)
- Lockside, Site CW1c (around 220 new homes)
- Baddow Road Car Park, Site CW1d (around 90 new homes)
- Travis Perkins, Site CW1e (around 120 new homes)
- Navigation Road Sites, Site CW1f (around 35 new homes)
Work on the Peninsula (CW1b) is nearing completion, with all 446 new homes now available. You can view planning application reference 16/01630/FUL (as amended).
We expect planning applications on several of the other sites in 2024.