Unauthorised development

This is where a site is owned by Gypsies and Travellers, but they don't have planning permission to develop the land, such as stationing caravans.

You can report unauthorised development to us.

Unauthorised encampments

This is when Gypsies and Travellers trespass on land they do not own. This includes playing fields, any part of the highway, farmers’ fields, car parks or any other public and private land. 

You need to report unauthorised encampments to the Essex County Traveller Unit.

Is there something wrong with this page?

You can report issues with the website using our website feedback form, which will go directly to the Web Team. This team will be unable to deal with your enquiry if it is not related to the website.