Deadline for 4 May election
The deadline to apply for a Voter Authority Certificates for the May 2023 elections is 5pm on Tuesday 25 April 2023.
The UK government has decided that voters must show photo identification when voting in person at elections.
Acceptable photo ID includes:
- a passport issued by the UK, any of the Channel Islands, Isle of Man, a British Overseas Territory, an EEA state or Commonwealth country
- a driving licence issued by the UK, any of the Channel Islands, Isle of Man or an EEA state
- a biometric immigration document
- an identity card bearing the Proof of Age Standards Scheme hologram (PASS)
- Ministry of Defence form 90 (Defence identity card)
- a blue badge
- a national identity card issued by an EEA state
- an Older Person’s Bus Pass
- a Disabled Person’s Bus Pass
- an Oyster 60+ card
We can even accept expired ID, as long as it still looks like you.
You can find out more about the introduction of voter ID.
If you don't have photo ID
If you do not have any of these forms of ID, or are not sure that the photograph still looks like you, then you can apply for a voter authority certificate for free.