As the UK has now left the EU, the rules about who can claim Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction have changed.

If you are a citizen of the EU, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland, you may now be subject to immigration rules.

You are eligible to claim Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction, if:

  • you and your family have settled status (indefinite leave to remain), or pre-settled status, or
  • you had a right to reside on 31 December 2020

Is there something wrong with this page?

You can report issues with the website using our website feedback form, which will go directly to the Web Team. This team will be unable to deal with your enquiry if it is not related to the website.