Apply now

If you are the only adult living in your property, you can apply for single person discount of 25%.

You can find more information about who counts as an adult for Council Tax on GOV.UK.

To apply for single person discount, you will need:

  • your Council Tax account number
  • your name, address and contact details
  • the date you became the only adult living in the property

Cancel your single person discount

Cancel now

You need to cancel your single person discount as soon as another adult moves into your property.

To cancel your single person discount, you will need:

If you do not tell us that another adult has moved into your property, you will be committing Council Tax fraud.

Is there something wrong with this page?

You can report issues with the website using our website feedback form, which will go directly to the Web Team. This team will be unable to deal with your enquiry if it is not related to the website.