Close an account

If you are moving out of Chelmsford, you need to tell us so we can close your Council Tax account.

To notify us about the change, you will need to tell us:

  • the date you move out
  • details of your old and new address
  • details of anyone who is moving out with you

You will also need to tell us:

Is there something wrong with this page?

You can report issues with the website using our website feedback form, which will go directly to the Web Team. This team will be unable to deal with your enquiry if it is not related to the website.