Feedback or complain about a taxi
If you would like to feedback, complain or raise a concern about a hackney carriage or private hire vehicle, you can contact us.
You should provide as much detail as possible to help us identify a vehicle or driver.
We investigate feedback about:
- hackney carriage vehicles
- private hire vehicles
To give feedback or to make a complaint, you will need:
- your name, address and contact details
- the vehicle registration number
- the driver’s number (drivers have two badges, they must wear one and display the other on the dashboard, inside their taxi)
- the taxi licence number (this is displayed on the side of the taxi, inside the taxi and on the plate at the front and back of the taxi)
- journey details (for example the date and time of the journey and where you were travelling to and from)
We do not accept anonymous complaints.
Any feedback about a criminal matter should be first reported to Essex Police. You must then provide us with the crime reference number to help us investigate further.
How we deal with taxi feedback
Once we have received your taxi feedback, we will respond to you within five working days.