Privacy Notice for Chelmsford Shopmobility
Why we are collecting your data
Chelmsford City Council is a data controller. This means we need to collect your personal data so we can process your Shopmobility application or renewal. We will only collect the personal data from you that we need in order to deal with your Shopmobility application or renewal.
- Phone Number
The basis for the processing
We do this under contractual obligation to enable us to send a permit to you and so we are aware of who is accessing our service. We will not be able to issue you with a permit to use the Shopmobility services without the personal data you provide us with.
Who we share your information with
Your information will be administered by the Council’s Shopmobility team who may then contact you to confirm the permit has been issued or for further information. In the unlikely event of any accident, injury or damage to persons, property or our equipment, we may also pass your data to any “third party” insurance company and / or to the police.
We will never sell your data. However, we may share some of your personal information with third parties to:
- help prevent fraud. We may share your information with credit reference agencies and other companies for use in credit decisions. Credit agencies may record these searches, but that will not affect your credit standing.
- pursue people or companies who owe us money. We may share your information with debt collection agencies.
- help business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors to deliver any contract we enter with them or you.
- help us if we are need additional professional or legal advice on a matter relating to you.
- to improve and optimise the performance of our websites and social media accounts. Analytics and search engine providers that we use can collect your data when you interact with us online. However, they will aggregate and anonymise the information, meaning we can’t identify any individual personally.
- work out if a grant we have spent was successful in achieving its aims. This could be funding from a Government or a grant from a local, regional or national organisation such as Sport England and National/Heritage Lottery Fund. However, they will aggregate and anonymise the information, meaning we can’t identify any individual personally.
Providing accurate information
We need to hold accurate and up to date information about you so that we can deliver appropriate services. If any of your details change, you need to tell us as soon as possible so that we can update your records.
We will not:
- use your information for marketing or sales purposes without your prior explicit consent.
- send or store your data abroad unless it meets the requirements of the Data Protection regulations.
- make decisions about you based on automated processing.
How long will we hold your data for?
We keep all records relating to your Shopmobility permit for as long as you chose to renew your permit and access this service. If you do not renew your permit we will only keep your records for twelve months.
You have the right to access the personal information we hold about you. Any access requests are free of charge.
If the information we hold about you is inaccurate, you have a right to have this corrected and you have the right to request completion of incomplete data.
You have the right to ask us to erase your personal data in certain circumstances (‘right to be forgotten’).
You have the right to ask us to stop or restrict the processing of your personal data, in certain circumstances. Where possible, we will seek to comply with your request, but we may need to hold or process information to comply with a legal requirement.
You can make any of these requests by:
- Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or sending a letter to:
Chelmsford City Council
If you are dissatisfied with how we have used your personal information, you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office at email@example.com
Identity of Data Protection Officer
Our designated Data Protection Officer is John Breen.
You can contact him by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Chelmsford City Council
Telephone: 01245 606606