Privacy Notice for Gym and Fitness
Why we are collecting your data
Chelmsford City Council is a data controller. This means we need to collect your personal data so that we can provide you with a safe and effective service within our leisure centres that meets your needs. We will only collect the personal data from you that we need in order to prescribe a safe and effective experience within our leisure centres.
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- Date of Birth
- Medical conditions and relevant medication
- Body Fat
- Doctors name
The basis for the processing
We do this as you have given us clear consent to collect all the relevant information required to prescribe exercise programmes personally suited to you, whilst also taking into consideration contra-indications from medical conditions and medication. We cannot deliver this service without the personal data you provide us with.
Who we share your information with
We collect information about you to offer a full and comprehensive service. The leisure centre staff will administer your information. We share your information with Technogym (provider of the Mywellness System) and health care professionals (where necessary).
We will never sell your data. However, we may share some of your personal information with third parties to:
- help prevent fraud. We may share your information with credit reference agencies and other companies for use in credit decisions. Credit agencies may record these searches, but that will not affect your credit standing.
- pursue people or companies who owe us money. We may share your information with debt collection agencies.
- help business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors to deliver any contract we enter with them or you
- help us if we are need additional professional or legal advice on a matter relating to you.
- to improve and optimise the performance of our websites and social media accounts. Analytics and search engine providers that we use can collect your data when you interact with us online. However, they will aggregate and anonymise the information, meaning we can’t identify any individual personally.
- work out if a grant we have spent was successful in achieving its aims. This could be funding from a Government or a grant from a local, regional or national organisation such as Sport England and National/Heritage Lottery Fund. However, they will aggregate and anonymise the information, meaning we can’t identify any individual personally.
Providing accurate information
We need to hold accurate and up to date information about you so that we can deliver appropriate services. If any of your details change, you need to tell us as soon as possible so that we can update your records.
We will not:
- use your information for marketing or sales purposes without your prior explicit consent.
- send or store your data abroad unless it meets the requirements of the Data Protection regulations.
- make decisions about you based on automated processing.
How long we hold your data
We keep all records relating to Leisure Centre users for the period of attendance. After this, your records will be deleted.
You have the right to access the personal information we hold about you. Any access requests are free of charge.
If the information we hold about you is inaccurate, you have a right to have this corrected and you have the right to request completion of incomplete data.
You have the right to ask us to erase your personal data in certain circumstances (‘right to be forgotten’).
You have the right to ask us to stop or restrict the processing of your personal data, in certain circumstances. Where possible, we will seek to comply with your request, but we may need to hold or process information to comply with a legal requirement.
You can make any of these requests by:
- Emailing email@example.com
- Or sending a letter to:
Chelmsford City Council
If you are dissatisfied with how we have used your personal information, you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Identity of Data Protection Officer
Our designated Data Protection Officer is John Breen.
You can contact him by emailing email@example.com
Chelmsford City Council
Telephone: 01245 606606