View dates, agendas and minutes
The Cabinet comprises the Leader of the Council and other members, each of whom has responsibility for a particular group of council services.
The Cabinet take most of the day to day decisions about running the Council and the provision of services that are not the responsibility of other committees.
One of the main functions of the Cabinet is to recommend the annual budget to the Council and to advise it on the development of major policies.
The public and other members of the Council have the opportunity to question Cabinet members about their responsibilities and to comment on the issues discussed at its meetings.
You can find more details about what's included in each of the cabinet portfolios.
- Leader of the Council: Councillor Stephen Robinson
- Deputy Leader of the Council and Cabinet Member for Connected Chelmsford: Councillor Marie Goldman
- Cabinet Member for Fairer Chelmsford: Councillor Chris Davidson
- Cabinet Member for Sustainable Development: Councillor Mike Mackrory
- Cabinet Member for Greener and Safer Chelmsford: Councillor Rose Moore
Additionally, the Leader of the Council has appointed a number of Cabinet deputies. They are not members of the Cabinet but they support Cabinet members with specific areas of responsibility.
- Cabinet Deputy for Affordable Housing: Councillor Graham Pooley
- Cabinet Deputy for Community Engagement: Councillor Natacha Dudley
- Cabinet Deputy for Community Safety: Councillor Smita Rajesh
- Cabinet Deputy for Healthy Living: Councillor Ann Davidson
- Cabinet Deputy for the Economy and Small Business: Councillor Simon Goldman
The largest opposition group on the council appoints spokespeople to shadow the Cabinet Members and ask questions at Cabinet meetings.
- Leader's Responsibilities: Councillor Roy Whitehead (Conservative)
- Connected Chelmsford: Councillor Andrew Thorpe-Apps (Conservative)
- Fairer Chelmsford: Councillor Malcolm Sismey (Conservative)
- Sustainable Development: Councillor Mike Steel (Conservative)
- Greener and Safer Chelmsford: Councillor Robert Gisby (Conservative)
- Shadow Cabinet Deputy for Affordable Housing: Councillor Richard Poulter
- Shadow Cabinet Deputy for Community Engagement: Councillor James Raven
- Shadow Cabinet Deputy for Community Safety: Councillor Robert Massey
- Shadow Cabinet Deputy for Healthy Living: Councillor Nicolette Chambers
- Shadow Cabinet Deputy for the Economy and Small Business: Councillor Neil Gulliver