Chelmsford Policy Board
View dates, agendas and minutes
This Board is responsible for reviewing existing council policies, developing new ones and making policy recommendations to the Cabinet and Council as appropriate.
The Chelmsford Policy Board:
- monitors the existing Local Development Framework (adopted 2008) and its delivery
- considers and approves the preparation of the emerging Local Plan, including supporting documents and the evidence base
- considers and approves site specific guidance and city improvement projects
- supports community-led planning
- oversees the creation of new council policy via a number of working groups that make recommendations to the Cabinet
It also considers and approves supplementary planning documents for which the Cabinet may not be responsible.